Acne

So in today’s blog to keep going with the theme of Skin Care September we are going to talk about Acne and Rosacea. So many people are touched by this and A-can’t get it under control B-Are not using the right products or C-Don’t know they have this.

So let’s start off with acne! According to the Acne Research Center 85% of teenagers and 20% of adults suffer from acne. Acne is the disorder of oil glands. Your skin acquires makeup, dead skin, oil, sweat and so much more throughout the day. It falls into your oil glands and hair follicles and becomes clogged because your skin can not properly push the debris out. There are many causes that can trigger this disorder. Let’s start with my favorite and most scary one!
Demodex Mites. Yep we all have them! However, 90% of teen acne is caused from these creepy little mites and the other 10% are caused from bacteria. Reference from Click here for more information on Demodex mites

These mites live in the base of your hair follicle and come out at night to feed on your oil and debris. Upon death they excrete waste and bacteria which spreads and blocks pores. They are extremely active during breakouts. The other and more well known causes are from sugar, dairy, and hormones. Dairy boosts testosterone hormones in body and sugar spikes blood sugar which in turn increases hormone production. Hormones stimulate oil production and BANG you have acne. Most people run straight to products that are too strong and strip the skin like ProActive. Proactive is meant for stage 4 acne. So unless you face looks like this do not use it! How to treat it? Talk to your esthetician or dermatologist to get you on a prop skincare diet. Also look for ingredients that have Salicylic Acid, Glycolic Acid, Benzoyl Peroxide, and retinoids to name a few. Change your pillowcase at least once a week and cleanse you skin before going to bed. Stay tuned for part 2 to this blog where I will talk about Rosacea!
By Kristine Kerr

cart(0)